link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Monday, April 16, 2012

Europe Day 4 Paris The Louvre

Day 4 of Our Europe trip took us on the fast train to Paris from London.

Monday morning we took the 7:15 train so had to get up early to get from the hotel to the train station.
211.38 miles (340.18 kilometres)

2 hours and 15 minutes! These trains travel at 180 mph and go under the channel. 
Love the bright yellow color.

We enjoyed breakfast on the train.

View from our hotel room on the 3rd floor.

The room was really nice even though they were working in the hall and stairways to remodel. 
When we finally got checked in we got on line to check times of the places we wanted to visit.
 We knew the Effile tower could be seen either day.
It was good that we checked. Our plan was to go the the Louvre on Tuesday, it would have been closed.

What beautiful blue skies we had!

 I did some collages on Print shop to highlight our visit of the Louvre.


 

Wonderful Egyptian  wing
Too many paintings to show. I love the vibrant colors (especially the reds)  used in these paintings.
 Check out the tiger under the saddle.
Remnants of the orginal fortress are visible in the basement of the museum.
The much admiried Mona Lisa was behind glass and a center of attention.

 I finally worked my way to the front to get this picture.

To really see the Louvre you need 6 days, one for each of the wings of the museum.

Tomorrow we visit the Catacombs and the Eiffel tower.  Hope you will come back next week and visit.
Blessings, Debbie

18 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Thank you for reminding me of my time in The Louvre seeing The Mona Lisa. It was in 1994, and I was so thrilled to be there! Nice blues, Debbie.

Happy Blue Monday.

katherine said...

awesome photos.

Ann said...

Deb, great post. The Louvre is hugh as I remember but you captured so much in your mosaics.
Ofcourse the Mona Lisa was not what I expected--although awesome. I would LOVE to ride on that train--how cool to go that fast.
The pics of all of you are great!!!!
Hugs
Ann

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful photos!

Please come and see my BLUES, when you get a chance.

Leah H. said...

Beautiful share of Blues!

Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/04/too-small-too-little-bye-summer-dress.html

Unknown said...

I agree, especially when you have to stand in line for 2 hours to get into the Louvre, like we did. Th Mona Lisa was very disappointing to me! At the Eiffel tower, watch out for the gypsies!

Babs said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip.I like your use of collage to show the highlights.
Babs

Kathy Walker said...

Thanks for sharing...I will be in Paris in October and appreciate the information!

Renee said...

Lucky to have such a wonderful visit to London and Paris. My dad speaks of them both as he was stationed overseas in WW II. Beautiful photos for MYM. Love the fast trains...at least the look of them.

Light and Voices said...

I have never been to Paris. Ahhh, a dream come true to see the Louvre. Lucky you.
Joyce M

Lesa said...

Lovely photo diary of your holiday! What a vibrant yellow that chunnel train is!

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by as another Outdoor Wednesday participant, it is wonderful that one can get to Paris from London so quickly now. lovely photos of your trip.

LV said...

I had the pleasure of being there once, but I just did not get too carried away over it. Lots of history there tho. Enjoy the trip and be safe.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh my, I have always wanted to see these things. I am so thrilled for you!
Blessings,
Susie

Leah H. said...

Great shots, beautiful Yellows!

Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/04/mellow-yellow-monday-pooh-backpack.html

Linnea said...

What a wonderful trip! Paris is so far from where I am! Thanks for stopping by.

Jessica said...

what an adventure with the family :-) beautiful pictures too :-) Dropping by from MYM

http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/peach-my-new-favorite-ice-cream-flavor/

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

What a wonderful trip! Love your beautiful photos!