link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Monday, February 6, 2012

Super INDY



Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone 
for another year.

INDIANA -- The verdict is in: Indianapolis put on what was perhaps the most universally praised performance in the history of Super Bowl host cities. WRTV Indianapolis‎ 
Congratulations 
to New York Giants, at least one of the 
Manning family got to play in our dome for the Super Bowl!

Living just a short drive from the city I wanted to go into town SOOOO bad BUT...

unfortunately my left foot is in a cast for the next 6 to 8 weeks and I'm not supposed to walk on it...
A bone spur tore the bursa

What is a bursa?
Every person has hundreds of bursa scattered throughout the body. The function of a bursa is to decrease friction between two surfaces that move in different directions.
    • The bursa can be thought of as a Ziplock bag with a small amount of oil and no air inside. Imagine rubbing this bag between your hands; movement of your hands would be smooth and effortless. That is what a bursa functions as--a smooth, slippery surface between two moving objects.
 I really hope it heals quickly because we are going to Europe for 11 days in March!
So I copied some pictures from Google.
Hopefully I didn't get any that had a  copy write.

Our beautiful stadium

One of the new hotels that went up in the last 3 years with the super bowl in mind.  We have a wonderful city with a large conference center so I know this will stay busy.
The zip line that was the largest in the US
I heard the waiting line was several hours!

This beautiful memorial is worth coming to town if you are close.

Another banner on one of the buildings downtown.
One of the praises was that everything was within walking distance
of the stadium and many of the hotels.
We spent the evening with wonderful friends watching the game and eating way too much.  Such a great game! One of our friends brought a door prize given away during half time and my husband won!!! So my honey took home the game ball!


Hope you enjoyed your tour of the Super Bowl city  for 2012
Enjoy visiting others who have joined these parties!

Blessings, Debbie
Blue Monday

Mellow Yellow Monday


Outdoor Wednesday
Rednesday


8 comments:

Ann said...

WOW - I was wondering if you even ventured downtown. I bet it was crazy!!!! I know it brought lots of money to your city, but who gets it all????? We were rooting for the Giants and yes I am so glad that Ely got to have his time in the new stadium. Congrats to Bob.
Hugs
Ann

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing some of Super Bowl's location for this year. I rooted for the Giants too.

I had a a boot exactly like yours when I tore my Achilles tendon. Love your blues!

Happy Blue Monday, Debbie.

LV said...

Watched it all the way through. The best spot was where the guy sat down in the end zone. So very sorry about your foot. I have had so many foot problems, and still do. I had to wear a boot like that for a long time. I could walk on mine tho. It is not easy having foot problems.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Only hubby watched it hehehe. Nice captures!

My Blue

Leah H. said...

Yep, that stadium is so beautiful and big..

Visiting for Blue Monday! Hope you can stop by:)

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/02/family-dinner-at-buffet-restaurant.html

Leah H. said...

Back again:)

Visiting for MYM! Hope you can stop by:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/02/so-much-fun.html

Jessica said...

congrats! what a game that was :-) I am happy they won, congrats to you and to your city :-) Visiting from Blue Monday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html

Jessica said...

congrats again to the Giants!!! so happy they won the Super bowl :-) Visiting this time from MYM :-), hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html