link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Today is my oldest granddaughters 15th birthday. 
 We took her and her dad and his girlfriend out to lunch Sunday.  
She chose a turkish restaurant so we sat on the floor.  
The food was good and the colors were perfect for todays post. She's in blue and I'm in yellow!



You might remember last fall we were having a new dock built and I mentioned the "by Faith" slips for wave runners.  Well everything worked out financially and we found some awesome used SeaDoos for sale.  They are three seaters and are going to be so much fun!


 God is so good.  I feel almost guilty showing such toys when others are suffering.  But I am reminded that when we have been faithful it is okay to enjoy the blessings we are given. We are looking forward to many great hours with family and friends going around the lake.
I'm linking up with Blue Monday and  Mellow Yellow Monday.
Make sure you go by and check the other great blogs out and if you can leave a short hi just so I know you came by and I can visit your blog.
 Blessings, Debbie

21 comments:

Cafe au lait said...

Sounds like fun.

I am a flower

Vinni said...

Its always nice to have a good time with your near and dear ones, its a short life have fun and don't feel guilty of showing off things that you have bought through your hard-earned money.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful granddaughter and a great way to celebrate with her. I would need help getting up from the floor though!!!

Clavel said...

ready or not, lets go! brmmmmmm!LOL!
clavsupclose.blogspot.com

Andy said...

Just the kind of blue toys I'd like to play with.

Mel_Cole said...

Oh don't be guilty. That's your blessing and you can pray for others or share any of your blessings as well. My Blue Monday post

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your blues. I love that dock and your blue toys.

Happy Blue Monday, Debbie.

Stephanie V said...

All ready and waiting for summer fun. Beautiful lake shore.

xinex said...

Oh it would be so much fun to be there riding those awesome toys. Happy birthday to your lovely granddaughter!...Christine

Anne said...

Send my greetings to your granddaughter. You must had a very sumptuous dinner
Mellow Yellow Monday

Kim, USA said...

That is a pretty great stuff to enjoy with family and friends. Thanks for sharing!
MYM

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

And what sorts of foods are offered at a Turkish restaurant?

A TOUCH OF THE GOLD

They say just a touch of the gold
Will make even timid ones bold;
Try yellow, not blue,
And bright amber too—
And don’t be left out in the cold!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Old Man, Yellow Background

Gypsea Nurse said...

Now your talking my language!
Happy Blue!
Cricket @ gypsea nurse

Erica (Irene) said...

Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter.....! looks like a lot of fun. My husband is Turkish and I learned to love Turkish food, it's very fresh and tasty. Thanks for sharing........

Joyful said...

God is good and faithful and I believe He desires to bless us so we can be happy and be a blessing to others. Enjoy your blessing. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. It looks like a fun restaurant she selected for her celebration :-)

Ann said...

Looks like birthday girl chose a fun place... She looks so cute! I love the new summer toys, I cannot wait to ride one of them. I don't know if I can hold my speed to 55 though. HA HA
Ann

Judi said...

Hi there
What a beautiful dock you had built and I know you will use them with the seadoos. It will be so much fun. I can see that you appreciate how fortunate and blessed you are...you shouldn't feel guilty. Enjoy whatever you have worked towards...and I bet you can't wait!
have a wonderful day and stop by sometime when you have some time.
Judi

Jeanne said...

Hi Debbie, Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. We have a granddaughter that turned 15 in Feb. Your sweet grand is so pretty. I know you had a grand time eating on the floor. Me, not a good idea. With two new knees I would not be able to get back up. HA! I love the photo.

The dock looks beautiful. Toys are good and the family fun is a great thing for wonderful memories. God wants us to be happy, so enjoy.
Hugs, Jeanne

annies home said...

now that looks like lots of fun

Shobha said...

Lovely pics of yellows and blues.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Debbie, oh my gosh, I felt that way about posting that big chunk of ham on my recipe on Sunday.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit yesterday. I really enjoy your blog and am your newest follower. I scrolled down and saw some of your Sunday School murals, and can't wait to explore and see more of what you do. I hope that you have a wonderful week!

Kathy M.