link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011


Jasmine in "Time Out"  she put herself there...wonder what she did?
I had to add this it was just too funny~



 Vintage Things 
around the kitchen
 One of my favorite vintage things in my kitchen is this German Coffee tin.  It is from Heidelberg which is where both of our children were born. Another is my bowls. They were wedding gifts, unfortunately the middle one was broken some years ago.  I have seen them in antique stores but haven't brought myself buy one yet.







Janssen-Kaffee GmbH Hauptstraße 29 69117 Heidelberg


Looking up information on this tin I found that Janssen Kaffee is still sold in Heidelberg!  I just sent off an e-mail asking if they could possibly give me a date for the tin.  We'll cross our fingers and hope they answer!

WOW within a few minutes I had a very nice e-mail with a date of around 1955 from the owners of the shop in Heidelberg!!! 






I also love hurricane lamps.

This one was my grandmothers  I have several from her and one from my MIL. 
 I have red oil in this clear one.  I had it all primed and ready to use if we lost electric in this past storm.  We have been very blessed not to, especially since all the heat and cooking is electric as is the pump for our well.  I am still hearing branches break though...

This last piece is the top of a barrel crate that was given to me about 25 years ago.  I painted the scene and trim and then had a piece of glass cut to fit the inside.  I use it every winter.  


Thanks for coming by and visiting.  Hope you will come again.  Blessings, Debbie

 Thanks again Suzanne at Colorado Lady for hosting this great linky party.   Make sure you go back and visit all the other great vintage links for this week. 
 I am also linking up for the first time to Favorite Things Friday with Jessica.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love old tins....your coffee tin is wonderful :)

Blessings!
Gail

LV said...

You were smart in keeping all these great vintage pieces. I enjoyed seeing them and your blog. Plus, the dogie in the corner just added a little spice to your post.

La Petite Gallery said...

What a lovely idea. very nice.

yvonne

Ann said...

I love how you painted that barrel lid, its really pretty. So your still hearing limbs break? Hope you don't have to use the gorgeous oil lamp!!!!
Ann

Anna said...

Very nice post. I love that coffee tin, its a great piece. I'm smiling right now, trying to picture our dog putting himself in a time-out....never happen!

Honey at 2805 said...

Nice vintage things and the story of the coffee tin is interesting!