link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday and REDnesday town square


Danville has a local contest every year in October.  Businesses and some individuals make scarecrows that they put around the center of the town square.  For a couple of weeks prior to this you will see signs that say things like "Beware the crows are coming"



I thought showing some of these would be fun.  Hope you enjoy
And make sure you join with



how do they make this stay up?
Cut anyone?
Been here a great place
Surfs up...hmmm we live in mid-america??
Makes you want to take the local paper!
Love this handstand

Isn't this fun!   This is only 6 of over 45 scarecrows!  More to show you next week. Blessings, Debbie

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the humour! The creative spirit is alive and well!

Ann said...

These are pretty cute. Are you making one for your yard. I can just imagine a scarecrow with a life jacket on!!!!
Hugs
Ann

Unknown said...

Some very fun *scare*crows, lol!

Blessings!
Gail

Donnie said...

Loved the scarecrows. Gets everyone in the mood for fall. I'm looking forward to seeing more next week.

Jeanne said...

Cure, I just bought two scarecrows today. I have some bales of hay and fall creation is happening here too. Love the photos. The handstand is very clever.
Hugs, Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Opps, what is Cure??? What was I thinking? HA! Jeanne, again

Bea said...

Oh how fun. What a delightful Rednesday! And what creative ways to save money while decorating your house for Autumn. :)

Vintagesouthernlife said...

What a fun post. Can't wait to see more. Some very creative minds live in your town.

craftyles said...

Those are really cute. I used to do a scarecrow and maybe I'll be inspired again this year. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. Our town does salmon on parade, but you must be an "artist" to get to participate. I'd love to see all of the schools and business' let kids do them each summer.