link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Thursday, November 11, 2010


Vintage Salt and Pepper Rosters

These salt and pepper shaker were my moms. 
 It is also a creamer and sugar bowl! 
The heads are the shakers and the body are the bowls. 
 My grandmother bought them for my mom when she was expecting me so I will always know how old they are !  










If you would like to be included  in my giveaway click on the picture in the margin to the right.
I will be choosing the winner next Monday.


Bessings, Debbie




Vintage Thingie Thursday is brought to us by Suzanne.  Make sure you go by and say hi.

18 comments:

Ann said...

These are so cute, I remember them setting on Mom's stove. Have a great day.
Hugs
Ann

Unknown said...

Very sweet little roos!

Blessings!
Gail

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, these are so precious--what an amazing thing you are doing!
I'm so glad the weather has been nice there--how fantastic. My husband has to head up there in a couple of weeks, so I hope that the weather stays warm!
Sending hugs your way,
Cindy
XO

LV said...

Great little rooster set. A wonderful treasure and memory.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

So cute! Nice that you have kept them!

Pam Kessler said...

I saw those at the antique store I went to today! I thought it was cool that the top of their bodies popped off, but I couldn't figure out what would go in the bottom. Sugar and creamer makes sense. Very cute.

Jocelyn said...

These are SO cute! Love them.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Your roosters are adorable!

Coloradolady said...

I love the roosters, so cute!!! Happy VTT!

bj said...

I just love these...so so cute.

NanE said...

What a great set. I love the black and white coloring. TFS, Nan

Postcardy said...

That's an interesting combination!

xinex said...

The shakers are so beautiful and so unique and so special since they were given to your mom when she was expecting you. Thanks for stopping by. I believe I already signed up for you giveaway....Christine

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet shakers set and the link to you make them extra special :)

Fun stopping by to visit with you!

Anonymous said...

How cool, I've never seen a salt and pepper set that were also creamer and sugar. Love these!

Ineke Original said...

Just wonderful! Love them!

Abramyan Avenue said...

That is such a sweet story! Love it!! And I love all things rooster for the kitchen!!
Have a great weekend!
-April

Sarah said...

Cute roosters! Happy late VTT! :-)