link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Saturday, June 26, 2010







PINK PINK PINK
SORRY THIS IS POSTED LATE. I'VE HAD MY 14 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER AND WE SPENT THE DAY PLAYING...

I always love joining http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ Beverly and all the gals who enjoy pink!


It's Pink Saturday again and I don't know about you but this week really flew!  I was looking through all my photos and decided to share a bit more about one of our trips to Quito, Ecuador. If this is your first time visiting you will find this place has stolen our hearts.  Bob and I have done 4 trips to this beautiful country and fell in love with the local Pastor and his wife and son.  One this thrip we flew on air miles so we didn't fly with the rest of the church group.  We stayed several extra days and visited another part of the country with Pastor Alberto and Sylvia and Samuel.  It was a red car  (hmm could we count that as a darker shade of pink???) Yes we fit Pastor, his wife, son, Bob and I in this little car.   This picture was taken when we were driving to a state park and had to cross the creek.  We were praying those clouds wouldn't bring rain or we would really have been in trouble.  


From left to right. Samuel, Pastor Alberto, Sylvia, and I In front of the volcano.





At the park we visited  a wildlife museum there. We saw this huge stuffed bird.  Rather ugly I thought...not to offend anyone from Ecuador
The Andean Condor is found in the Andes mountains and adjacent Pacific coasts of western South America, it is the largest flying land bird in the Western Hemisphere. A vulture... well, I do have ON pink...hope that counts.


We also visited a beautiful Hosteria Cienega http://www.ecuaworld.com/hosterias/la_cienega.htm  There were beautiful arrays of pink yellow and red roses throughtout. Wonderful quiet paths to walk and a restaurant. .





My best friend and the love of my life standing next to this huge cactus.  Isn't the size of this plant amazing?

There was going to be a wedding in the chapel on the grounds and we were able to watch this lovely lady make flower arrangements with Pink roses and Pink and white Lillie s 

 


There were also beautiful fern taking in all the light from all the windows in the enclosed porches around the house.




I wish we could have stayed overnight. the inside was as amazing as the outside and grounds.   If you click on the picture with the pink and white roses above,  you can glimpse the dinning room.







The clouds had almost lifted when we took this picture of Bob and I taken at this look out point.  
For all of you who have never left the USA. There is a beautiful world with wonderful people out there.  Blogging has been another way to visit and know some of these awesome new friends.

3 comments:

Shirl said...

Hello , Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. I love your wedding post, your wedding pics are adorable I especially loved the old ones. You look like a sweet happy couple today! Happy Pink Saturday also. Your Blogerette post is cute too. Love your box with image. So cute!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Looks like you are having a great time, exposing to a different culture.

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Beautiful pictures! I am amazed at the
scenery! Thank you for your Flora Doora
comment! I appreciate it. Love your blog!

Jane
Flora Doora