link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

 Does every little girl love christmas?  

Over the years I kept my dolls. The house is too small to keep them out all year so  they only come out to play at Christmas.

This small one's dress was gone.  I love her green eyes and red hair.  I made her dress several years ago out of one of my grandmothers doilies'  that had a hole in it. Sorry about the look of her eyes.  One eye is missing the lashes and I didn't realize how strange the picture would look until my wonderful hubby mentioned the "evil eye" lol


This doll was a favorite to play with.  Again those wonderful green eyes and formed hair in a pony tail.

My life size doll. A friend for sure.  She actually stayed out for years until she got knocked over and her neck cracked in the back.  Now I don't risk her getting hurt.





















This sweet girl is about 18 " long.  I had her when I was very young and actually chewed off the fingers of her left hand.  When I was "too old" for dolls I gave her to my grandmother who had a doll collection.  When she was in her 80's she gave her back.  Bless her wonderful gift of saving her for me until I realized no girl is too old to love her dolls.




I know according to "antique" rules these probably aren't vintage but they are over 50 years old.


Vintage Thingie Thursday

Rednesday
Make sure you go over and visit and
thank these wonderful gals again for  such great blogs to link up to !

5 comments:

Donnie said...

They are really sweet. I know I must have had dolls but we moved so much when I was a child I just don't recall any of them until I was about 19 and got a Vermont Maid Doll with coupons. Evidently I didn't have her long either. Surprisingly I am a very good mother...lol...

LV said...

What beautiful dolls you have. That was a super idea making their dresses out of your grandmother's old dollies.

Coloradolady said...

I loved seeing these dolls. What a great assortment you have. Happy VTT!

Ann said...

Deb,
Your dolls look so cute out for the holidays!!! I LOVE this picture of you.
See ya soon.
Ann

Anna said...

I love these dolls, I wish I still had my little girls!