link to dddesigns

link to dddesigns
Would you like to see some more art? Just click on my tab and go to DD Designs.

My awesome blogging friends Who will be # 130?

Thursday, June 4, 2015

vintage tricycle

One of my favorite pictures of one of my sisters and I is on our tricycle.  I was pedaling and she was on the step behind me.  Last week my husband and I drove Northeast to some amish greenhouses.  We stopped at an antique store that is in an old 2 story farm house.  I found a tricycle very much like the one I had.  Mine might have been a bit larger but it still evoked so many memories.  I have a small flower bed in the back yard, trying to homey up our new place.   I put the question out on FB, refinish it or leave it rusty.  Rusty won.  I sanded it down some and put on a coat of clear varnish.  I really wanted to find handle grips but all I could find were bright pink.. okay for a new bike but not this old one.  I used black electric tape and some curly metal ribbon.  I also wanted to have a basket.  Again all plastics and just not right.  Walking through the store I found a metal basket intended for inside a kitchen sink. I attached it with white zip ties.   Works PEFECT!  
Heres my finished tricycle!   

linking with Outdoor Wednesday

1 comment:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

mum and dad had 9 kids. It was only number 6, that they bought a tricycle.